06 January 2012

Jealous Love


Little mountain, what are you?
Little ocean, where lies your strength?
If the Hand that formed the universe holds my heart,
How can man or power take me from Him?
His love leaves the oceans small
And the mountains powerless to separate.
The One that loves me
Will not surrender me to another hand
Though all of hell stands in His way.
He will have me. He will keep me.
He will not give me over to any other.
I had thought I could lose my way
Until I remembered jealousy keeps me.
He keeps me,
And I'm a fool to think another could steal
What He has called His own.
If the Consuming Fire is ravished by my small heart,
What man of the earth,
What power of heaven or hell,
Can keep me from Him?
No mountain He would not conquer;
No sea He would not cross.
Foolish I was to fear that all could be lost.
My heart is not kept by my own love,
But by the River of love from His heart.
I am my Beloved's and He is mine.

- Dana Candler, Deep Unto Deep


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Letter Bible

Book Chapter Verse Range
All Verses
Or Start: End:
Show Strongs Numbers:    Version: