06 January 2012

Wilderness Prayer


Oh Jesus, my Jesus,
True Friend of my heart, true Lover of my soul,
My heart is hurting. My soul is aching.
All that i have ever been,
All my "beauties" falling, falling to the ground.
The goodnesses, the righteousness,
The good intentions and "right" motives,
Dropping layer by layer...
Leaving behind one that i do not know or recognize...
The Lover of my love strips me
And as the hidden things are uncovered
And the exterior beauties taken,
I am not what i thought i was.
I know it is by Your hand that i am stripped.
Though it hurts immensely,
I recognize it as a Love deeper than my heart has ever known
Taking away what will not stand
That He might crown me with His true beauty
And clothe me in His robes.
Truly, i am not the one i thought myself to be.
They ask me "then who is the one who comes?"
I look only to Your eyes and say,
"She is nothing but what He alone speaks her into being.
His words alone hold within the essence of who she is. She is His.
Do not look upon me, for i am dark.
Please see only Him. He is beautiful. He is the pure."

- Dana Candler, Deep Unto Deep


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Letter Bible

Book Chapter Verse Range
All Verses
Or Start: End:
Show Strongs Numbers:    Version: