30 October 2011

Devotion Entry - Galatians 2:20 (September 26, 2008)

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20 NIV

I have been justified through Christ on the cross, He bore all my sins, suffered for it, died because of it. My own sins were the reason He pierced and shamed.. so because of that sacrifice i also have been crucified with Him that day. And now, because He has opened not just my eyes but my heart as well.. as a believer, i no longer live for myself, succumbing to the corrupted ways of the world. Now i live only with Christ, i am alive only in Christ. I have died to my sins that day with Jesus and now all that i am, every breath, every word i am able to utter is all because of His grace and love for me. Christ now lives in me, this body is now a vessel of His mighty love and word. Though at times i may fail and take Him for granted, i rejoice in the fact that God is a God of many chances. He'll forever love me no matter how far i've strayed from Him as long as i surrender everything into His hands. Christ loved me enough to the point of shedding His blood for my sake. Why shouldn't i live my life for Him after all that? He died for us, why not live for Him? Living for myself and for the world is not a satisfying life, full of short-lived happiness and hollow joy. But a life lived in the name of Christ, though not easy, is infinitely more satisfying. Everything may not go your way but of course, since its God's way now. And His way is much much more better (redundant much? i know :) than what we could ever hope for in this lifetime. We may not understand His ways at times but surely without a doubt everything will fall into place in His good perfect timing.

- MyMy
  September 26, 2008, 1:12 AM
  Room 205, Lezea Homes, Dumaguete City
--------------------
* Penned this down in my devo journal during my 2nd year in college. I was still staying in a boarding house back then with a room mate. i'm so blessed and grateful to God for allowing me to stay there even for just a short season. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Letter Bible

Book Chapter Verse Range
All Verses
Or Start: End:
Show Strongs Numbers:    Version: