16 April 2012

Pray Like Jesus 03: The Gethsemane Prayer




Matthew 26: 36-44

Pastor Mark Driscoll | August 03, 2008 | 01hr:14mn 
When Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, he was at the hardest point of his earthly life. In anguish, pain, and desperation we see God the Son pray to God the Father asking that God would take away the suffering he was about to experience, and ended his prayer with an essential phrase that every Christian must understand‚ “not my will, but yours, be done”. We can pray and ask our Father for the things we desire, but at the end of the day we must understand that His will is what’s best for our joy and His glory.
Source: http://marshill.com/media/redeemingruth/gods-hand-in-our-suffering
All Rights Belongs to Ptr. Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church.

*For sure, at some point in our lives, we've experienced pain, grief and confusion. That frustrating feeling that we're sure will continue to eat us for the rest of our lives. That try as we might to go laugh and pretend to be back to normal, deep inside..nothing will ever ever be the same again. I went through a lot of pain went i lost my dad and my grandma the year after. Looking back, I can't really comprehend how i was able to go through that and came out alive. But one thing i'm sure of, it was the Lord who got me through all that. I can't really explain how He did it, but He did. He saw to my needs and brought me comfort. He taught me through that experience what it really means to surrender and give Him full control.  So if you're suffering from grief or if you feel your hardened heart needs comfort & spiritual refreshment, i strongly encourage you to listen to this one. Listening to this has been such a HUGE comfort and encouragement to me. I pray it will bless you in the same way. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Letter Bible

Book Chapter Verse Range
All Verses
Or Start: End:
Show Strongs Numbers:    Version: